Sunday, March 11, 2007

Doubts

I'm beginning to question my logic, as opposed to the rest of my surroundings. For some time now, I've been made to think that what I did & thought was right, only to find that it was a one-sided view, so I decided to change in order to accomodate the views of the other part of my life. Since then, though, I've been compromising further than usual, in the hopes that common ground and-eventually-peace would take over. It had, for some time, all things considered, and it was quiet for a longer period than ever; for the first time, there hadn't been a serious argument over the usual trivia for more than 4 weeks...for the first time ever!

But when a lack of understanding leads to an argument, and eventually words are used that do nothing but to inflame the situation, time and time and time again, I begin to question just how far my compromise should actually go. Especially when walls of ego and self-centerism are raised above mutual understanding.

Complex as this situation may be, it is not unique. In fact, it's so common that at one time I actually asked God NOT to put me in this situation, even before the decision to end my good life-as it was back then-was made.

Sometimes I think it's punishment, sometimes I think it's a blessing in disguise, sometimes I think it's how life is. At all times I'm expected to take it in & accept it as how life is now. But I can't! I still can't get over the trivial nonsense or the ego trips and verbal abuses. It's simply ridiculous what's happening to me, almost laughable, and certainly unbearable.

I know it's useless to bicker & moan about it, but at this point, this is all I can do, and that's how ridiculous this situation is!

No comments: