Sunday, October 29, 2006

Last Gasp of Energy for the Day.

It's 1pm and I'm having my 5th cup of coffee. My eyes are slightly burning and I'm finding it hard to focus on anything that requires more than 1/4 of my brain's processing power. My iPod is jamming out music, and my ashtray has been emptied for the 6th time so far today.

This happens to me every now and then, it's like the return of an old friend, in some warped way! By the time I've returned home, the caffeine would prevent me from actually going to sleep, but i'll still feel tired & unfocused.

On my way to work I almost crashed into the cars in front of me-twice-because I found it hard to read the display on my iPod. I was searching for a particular song that suited my dull, discouraging mood today: "Bladerunner Blues" by Vangelis, the soundtrack from the movie "Bladerunner". Some blogger somewhere quoted the album, and I downloaded it a while back because I enjoyed the movie as well as the leading actor. It's a dark, mysterious theme, contrasting with the movie. And today, it fit my feelings perfectly!

On my way to the office from the parking, I noticed a number of scenes: a number of 20-and 30-somethings driving frantically to work, all made up and prepped, laptops/PDA's in hand and all. I wonder if they all suffered similar dissapointments in life as I did; Do they all keep a straight face-as one should in this society-regardless of life's dissapointing turns? Can they all prevail, as I hope to-over Life's treachery? It was heart warming to see Kuwait's youth eagerly off to work, and equally discomforting to realize that everyone has a secret that's pierced a hole in his or her life, probably one that only they and only one other person know about, just like me. So I'm not an exception.

So why do I feel alone and abandoned?

No comments: