Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Repeat guilt

I woke up at EXACTLY 9am today...this, after a small pep talk from my manager about my attendance just yesterday afternoon. In my defence, i have a hard time sleeping, and an even harder time waking up. My better half isn't much of an encouragement either, since she's a slow riser herself, and works in a very lax and easy-going job, supported by the management-who are indifferent to her attending or not, since it doesn't really impact the work anyway!

As for my job, it's the height of my pleasure. I enjoy what I do because it's my field. I find a great deal of satisfaction when I get things done my way within the confines of my work. Unfortunately, i can't share my joy with anyone besides a select few of my friends, not my family or my spouse. With her, I share a good meal, a goos sleep, a few episodes of a sitcom that i've come to enjoy, some fast-food sandwiches, a comedy play on TV or a movie at the theatre, but that's about it. I feel guilty for not attending my work early in the morning sometimes, but not guilty for not finding more common ground with my spouse...does that make me a bad person?

Should I be searching for that commonality that integrates a married couple the way everyone perceives? I tried, God only knows how and to what extent, and there doesn't seem to be any long term effect of worth or value.

If I sound lonely it's because I am, even when I'm living with someone, and still thinking of being with someone else......

No comments: